Why Christians Should Fight Communism
by Carl McIntire
This undated pamphlet provides 14 reasons the Christian should fight Communism.
Why Christians Should Fight Communism
by Carl McIntire
Question: "Please give us a tract on why a Christian should fight Communism. I am told that we should not oppose Communism, but just preach the Gospel. I know this is not right but we need some Scripture references.
-Santa Barbara, Calif.
Answer: The idea that a Christian should not fight Communism but just preach the Gospel is: (1) a false pacifism.; (2) a line which the Communists preach so that Christians will not oppose them; (3) a retreat from duty which the Devil delights in; and (4) a repudiation of "the whole counsel of God" as set forth in the Holy -Scriptures.
1. COMMUNISM IS AN ATTACK UPON GOD. It denies God. The Christian must maintain the honor of the name of the living God.
Psalm 53:1-"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."
2. COMMUNISM DENIES JESUS CHRIST AS PRESENTED IN THE BIBLE. It makes Him a disciple of Marx.
I John 2:22-"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."
3. COMMUNISM IS THE WORK OF THE DEVIL. It is inspired by Satan. If a Christian will be loyal to Christ he has to oppose Communism, a major work of the Devil.
I John 3:8--"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
4. COMMUNISM DENIES THAT MAN HAS A SOUL. It is materialistic, humanistic.
Matthew 10:28-"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
5. COMMUNISM OFFERS A SOCIALIST WORLD KINGDOM.
Matthew 6:33-"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
6. COMMUNISM IS A SYSTEM OF TOTAL SLAVERY. It brainwashes the mind of man and dedicates him to Antichrist.
I John 2:18-"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist, shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby ye know that it is the last time."
7. COMMUNISM FORBIDS THE CARRYING OUT OF THE GREAT COMMISSION. It closes mission doors. It is a part of obedience to Christ for the Christian to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, and he must resist every totalitarian system which forbids the preaching. of the Gospel.
Matthew 28:19, 20-"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations . . . teaching them to observe all things whatsover I have commanded you."
8. COMMUNISM HAS MURDERED MILLIONS OF CHRIS It has slaughtered more Christians than any other power in history. Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel-the great prophets of God, cried out against the tyrants and false gods! The believer must fight it.
Proverbs 28:4-"They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them."
9. COMMUNISM IS USING THE CHURCHES. It has complete control of what is left of the churches in the Iron Curtain countries and has infiltrated the churches in other sections of .he world with its lying propaganda and espionage and subversive ends. No Christian can remain silent and permit the church of Christ to become a tool and a weapon of a godless power.
Ephesians 5:11-"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them"
10. COMMUNISM IS THE TOTAL ENEMY OF FREEDOM. The Christian is the chief champion of liberty. On the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia is inscribed. "Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof . . ." (Lev. 25:10).
Psalm 119:45-"1 will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts."
You cannot seek the precepts of God and not resist Communism.
11. COMMUNISM IS CONCENTRATING ITS PROGRAM UPON THE YOUTH. Its deceptive promises and its infiltration of their ranks is promoting lawlessness.
Proverbs 28:7-"Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father."
12. COMMUNISTS ARE CONCENTRATING THEIR ATTACK UPON THE UNITED STATES, its Constitution and Bill of Rights. The Christian as a citizen has to be concerned about his nation. Being a Christian patriot is a divine obligation.
Proverbs 14:34-"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."
13. COMMUNISM ADVOCATES "PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE" and a deceptive "peace."
Psalm 28:3-"Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in' their hearts."
14. COMMUNISM ATTACKS ALL THAT THE CHRISTIAN AND CHRISTIANITY REPRESENT. The Bible tells us that we must contend earnestly for the faith, and we are instructed to put on the whole armour of God, because we struggle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places (Eph. 6:10-17). God calls upon His people, having done all, to stand, and the basic conflict between Communism and Christianity is in the spiritual realm. All the hosts of -hell have conspired to destroy Christianity, the Church of our Lord, and the freedom which God has given to His people to preach the Gospel.
Those who say, "Don't fight Communism but preach the Gospel," are spiritually blinded, for without liberty the Gospel cannot be preached.
Jude 3:3-"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was -needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."
A Christianity which will not resist Communism is apostate! The so-called Christian forces which undermine "the will to resist," create the spirit of appeasement, call surrender to blackmail "humanitarianism," and demand the abolition of the security committees of the United States Government, are enemies of Christ and of our freedom and allies of the Communist world leaders.
A Christian resists Communism by the help of God. He believes that the Gospel of Jesus Christ includes this responsibility, and he looks to God for wisdom, coaurge, and grace. He believes in prayer and he appeals to God for deliverance. Ile Christian is and must be the most valiant warrior against godless Communism in the 20th century. The Communists have desired war - a cold war against the U.S.A. and the free West. The international Communistconspiracy is leading the fight to enslave the world. The Christian should lead the fight to 'win the cold war and be should do so in the name of the Lord of Hosts, the God of the armies of Israel.
"Blessed is the nation whose God, is the Lord" (Psa.33:12).
20TH CENTURY REFORMATION HOUR
Rev. CARL McINTIRE, D.D., DIRECTOR
COLLINGSWOOD, N. J.